Saturday, November 7, 2009

Our Little Girl Is Growing Up...

Today Kayla had a friend over to spend the night, actually I would say they are best friends. What a joy it has been to watch their friendship flourish! The Lord has been so kind to bless her with such a good friend. Today the girls had asked if they could go together to the movies...(without Mom)...hmmm.
What do I say to that? This was a "big girl" request, one that did not take me by surprise at all-but immediately flooded back memories of being almost 13 (a teenager) and the exciting opportunities that were at hand. Not at all concerned with the agenda of the day, which I guess there really wasn't one...that helped. Yet, I calmly said, "let me talk to Dad and see what he thinks." Once Stefan and I were able to chat about it-I asked him-immediately he thought it was a fine idea. He had some suggestions and laid out an excellent plan so that all involved would have fun either way!
It worked out great! Not only of course did Kayla's friend check with her parents-we all agreed it would be fine. What a fantastic time the girls had while the rest of us ate a nice lunch together (very near to the theater). Then we all went shopping just a tad in the music store nearby...so this helped us to kill some time while waiting for the girls to finish their movie.
Oh by the way...Kayla also asked "Dad can have some money?"
Oh yes, here it comes I thought!!
Though I was smiling quite big!
What a joy to watch our little girlie grow up!!



This is not a great picture of the two together but they are in the same photo...this photo was taken when they both planned together the girlfriends wedding reception...I must get a good picture of them together!



No comments: